Plant for processing sewage gas
The Emschergenossenschaft Lippeverband operates the Dortmund-Nord wastewater treatment plant. In addition to the mechanical and biological treatment stages, the Dortmund-Nord wastewater treatment plant also has a sludge treatment plant. The sewage gas treatment plant, which was installed in 1997, had to be renewed due to aging. The resulting sewage gas, which was used for electricity generation, was found to have a problem with elevated concentrations of gaseous silicon compounds. These had the potential to increase wear and reduce availability. STEP was contracted to provide engineering services for the renewal of the sewage gas treatment plant, including an activated carbon adsorption system to separate the gases containing silicon.
- Design a sewage gas purification system for the CHP plant at the Dortmund-Nord landfill site
- Planning up to the implementation stage
- To prepare and participate in the award of contracts
- Total capacity of 60.000 m³
- Produced methane content of about 66 vol.-%
- Methane production of 40.000 Nm³ per hour 1.666 Nm³