Extension of the landfill gas cleaning system, Ihlenberg landfill site
The Ihlenberger Abfallentsorgungsgesellschaft mbH operates the Ihlenberg landfill for domestic and hazardous waste in Selmsdorf, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The former dumping of partly organic waste leads to the formation of landfill gases, which have to be collected and disposed of due to their polluting effect.
Due to an extension of the gas collection the amount of usable landfill gas increased, so that an extension of the existing CHP was necessary. STEP was contracted to provide engineering services for the additional CHP unit. On the basis of an inventory analysis of the site- and permit-specific framework conditions and the gas quantities to be expected in the future, concepts for landfill gas utilization were developed. The final concept was determined by means of a utility value and profitability analysis and put out to tender. The planning concept provides for a CHP plant with 3 gas engines of 944 kWel each in container design with an extension of the gas purification plant.
Ihlenberger Abfallentsorgungsgesellschaft mbH
- Basic evaluation and preliminary planning
- Design planning and approval planning
- Detailed design and tendering
- Preparation and participation in the awarding of contracts
- Site supervision
- Participation in the acceptance of the contractor's services
- Captured gas quantity: 3500 Nm³/h
- Methane content of 50 vol-%
- 3 x 944 kWel gas engines
- Heat extraction 1 MWth
- District heating line 1,5 km